Saturday, February 28, 2009

Lessons from 4-year-olds and the Newsboys

We must have the biggest four-year-old Newsboys fan in the world. Case in point:

While standing around waiting at the Wal-Mart pharmacy counter to get the youngest some medicine, Dad was trying to keep him entertained. So we pulled out the old cell phone and started looking at pictures and videos. Kenaniah then says, “Can you take a movie of me now?” Dad says, “Sure, what are you going to do?” “I’m going to sing a song.” Then, completely unrehearsed or un-coached, this was the result.

The audio isn’t all that great, so you may not have heard. He is singing the chorus to “I’m Not Ashamed” which goes like this:

I’m not ashamed to let you know
I want this light in me to show
I’m not ashamed to speak the name
Of Jesus Christ

Of course, all the folks standing around thought this was just great. And in addition to singing an old song from one of Dad’s favorite bands, how great is it to have the four-year-old singing about Jesus in public like that. May we all have that kind of reckless abandon when it comes to praising our Lord.

“For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes” (Romans 1:16, ESV)

No comments: