Thursday, June 24, 2010

21 and Counting!

21 years ago today, by the very great grace of God, this woman became my wife.
In those 21 years, I’ve dragged her through seminary housing, living with a homeless ministry, several years on an Indian Reservation, and a couple of small churches. And she’s never once complained about the low standard of living that comes with being a small church pastor.

Along the way, God blessed us with four wonderful children, whom she has done the bulk of the labor in raising and homeschooling. Our children are becoming amazing servants of Christ, largely due to their mother (and of course large doses of God’s grace). Again, she does all this without complaint.She is the very definition of what a godly woman should be. She loves Christ, loves her husband, loves her family, loves her church; pretty much in that order, as it should be.

I know that grace is an amazing thing in general. I know that receiving undeserved favor, unmerited blessing is at the core of our faith. And I am constantly amazed that God would ever love “such a worm as I.”
Though nothing can or ever will compare with that grace, I continue to marvel at the fact that God gave me Cheryl on top of it all. What a blessing to this worthless lump! And I am eternally grateful for it all.

Happy Anniversary, Cheryl! I love you more every day!

(Even if the kids do think there’s more than one dinosaur in this photo!)

No comments: