Thursday, July 26, 2012

The One Who Fixes the Broken

Nathanael wrote this, and posted it on his facebook status. I thought it deserved a slightly more "official" treatment.  This is really good (at least Dad thinks so!)


Broken, that is what I was. Beyond repair I had no hope, I was running without a cause. 
Loved by the wicked, hated by the upright in heart. 
I was not gonna last. I was finished from the start. 
I was falling down, down to hell. But then You came along, 
You looked at my face. You told me what was wrong. 
You told me i was gone, to far for any mans help. 
But You were no mere Man. You told me I was just a whelp. 
Taught me I needed forgiveness. Told me 'bout One who loves me anyway, 
One who would bring me back to the way. 
You brought tears to my eyes when i saw, the holes in Your hands and Your feet, 
The scar on Your side. Covering was lifted from my eyes like a sheet. 
I saw my brokenness then.
When I realized that YOU were that One. 
Then I fell again, though not to hell. 
But at the feet of the Son. 
The One who fixes the broken.

No comments: